Here at Peach we always try to ensure our pricing information is up to date however from time to time prices may be subject to change. All available to order and pre-order items are also subject to lead times. For up to date pricing and ETA's regarding your order please contact us.
Fulltone Custom Shop Ranger | Treble Booster
N.O.S Military Germanium Treble Booster
The Dallas Rangemaster was a germanium transistor-powered pedal made in the mid 1960s that was heavily used by Brian May, Tony Iommi, Rory Gallagher and many others to achieve their signature sounds. Although sold as a treble-booster, it actually boosed the mids as well, imparting an incredibly harmonic-laden distortion and pushing valve amps to further distort. Nowadays they sell for thousands, so it's great that Fulltone have brought it back to life with 5-extra frequency rangers, true-bypass and in a super-compact enclosure. Michael Fuller also devised a way to allow the pedal to remain PNP (positive ground) whilst still being powered by a standard NPN (negative ground) power supply. The Fulltone Ranger contains NOS military germanium transistors culled from Michael's own stash and tested for noise, leakage and tonal qualities by himself. 100% hand-built in California. Wow!
Is this the greatest Rangemaster treble booster clone ever?
Here's why we think it could be:
- Proprietary Power supply design allows this PNP (Positive to ground) Germanium pedal to be powered by any standard NPN (Negative to Ground) power supply!
- 6-position rotary switch, 6 different sounds, including Rangemaster 1 and Rangemaster 2.
- Sexy amber light jewel.
- Top-mounted jacks & DC port.
- Adjustable Transistor Bias trimmer. Want it soft? Want is hard? Want more or less chime? Just turn it and adjust by ear, there is no wrong setting.
- It's a TINY pedal (4.75" x 2.9") yet there's a battery in it too... grab'n'go.
- 100% Hand-Made in Los Angeles using full-size components.