Here at Peach we always try to ensure our pricing information is up to date however from time to time prices may be subject to change. All available to order and pre-order items are also subject to lead times. For up to date pricing and ETA's regarding your order please contact us.
Darkglass Programmable Series | Alpha·Omega Photon
The Alpha Omega Expanded
Standards are set high in our modern-era for manufactures. Musicians and composers expect a huge toolset of limitless options at their disposal.
Darkglass responded to this by taking their already outstanding Alpha·Omega and drew on their engineering experience and efforts. Placing the iconic distortion circuit into a new paradigm enables a range of possibilities that were never before available.
A comprehensive design allows programming of each part of the pedal - from compression, distortion, and cabinet simulation in the signal chain to presets via MIDI and the Darkglass Suite.
The Alpha·Omega now has its ultimate interface. Fully programmable, empowered, and never before this versatile.
- Compression - The Compression potentiometer is the one-knob solution for compression on the Alpha·Omega Photon. This controls the amount of input gain to the compressor and intelligently applies the correct amount of makeup gain so that your signal is always driven at the appropriate level, no matter how much compression is applied.
- Drive - The Drive potentiometer adds distortion and drive to your signal. Crank this knob to apply the Alpha·Omega distortion to the distorted part of the signal chain.
- Mod - The MOD potentiometer selects or mixes between the Alpha and Omega circuits. Alpha is punchy, tight with a lot of definition, whereas Omega is simply brutal and raw.
- Blend - The Blend potentiometer mixes between the distortion signal and the clean sidechain signal.
- Level - The Level potentiometer controls the master volume of the Alpha·Omega Photon.
- Touch Sensitive Sliders - Each slider has a -12 dB to 12 dB range. From left to right, the frequency bands for each slider correspond to a low shelf, 250 Hz, 500 Hz, 1.5 kHz, 3 kHz, and a high shelf.
- Input - This is the primary instrument input on the Alpha·Omega Photon. Connect your instrument or output from your pedal board to the 1/4" mono jack.
- Aux In - The stereo input of the Alpha·Omega Photon enables the playback of backing tracks while practising or recording. Connect your mobile phone, laptop etc. to the 1/8" stereo jack.
- Headphone Output - Headphone Output meter next to the jack.
- Balanced Outputs - The two balanced outputs add routeing versatility and the option of using the Alpha·Omega Photon as a fully equipped audio interface. Connect your studio monitors, amplifier or other effects to the 1/4" balanced jacks using a TRS connector (Tip +, Ring -, Sleeve GND). If you feed an unbalanced input from these outputs, use an instrument cable with a mono 1/4" plug.
- Direct Output - An XLR output with a ground lift switch provides a reliable standard connection to a mixing desk or an external audio interface for a guaranteed low-noise signal.
- MIDI In - A standard 1/8" TRS (Type B) jack allows connecting an external MIDI controller to the Alpha·Omega Photon for even more flexibility.
- USB - The USB-C port unlocks the Alpha·Omega Photon's USB audio interface capabilities and enables interaction with the Darkglass Suite desktop app, allowing for software updates and access to the Darkglass IR library, containing hundreds of cabinet simulations. USB MIDI is also supported.
- DIMENSIONS - 180x120x60 mm | Weight 0.7 kg
- WARNING - The Alpha·Omega oton has a current draw of ~500mA. Only use a regulated 9V DC adapter with a centre-negative plug. Due to ecological reasons, it does not accept batteries. Unregulated power supplies and/or higher voltages may result in suboptimal noise performance and even damage your unit, voiding the warranty.