Here at Peach we always try to ensure our pricing information is up to date however from time to time prices may be subject to change. All available to order and pre-order items are also subject to lead times. For up to date pricing and ETA's regarding your order please contact us.
We offer a range of finance packages such as 12.9% over max 60 months, or 0% over varying shorter terms through our partner Novuna.For more information on the finance process please click here
Collings CJ Series | CJ-45 T
Solid Sitka Spruce Top, Solid Honduran Mahogany Back & Sides
One of the many pleasures of working at Peach is that we get to see lots of beautiful instruments on a daily basis. When this CJ-45 T came in we were stunned by the quality of the sound. It definitely ranks up there with the finest round-shouldered dreadnoughts that we can recall playing and gives everything that we would hope for in this style of guitar; punch, clarity and down-to-earth directness.
Please read on below for detailed info on this stunning guitar.
One of the many pleasures of working at Peach is that we get to see lots of beautiful instruments on a daily basis. When this CJ-45 T came in we were stunned by the quality of the sound. It definitely ranks up there with the finest round-shouldered dreadnoughts that we can recall playing and gives everything that we would hope for in this style of guitar; punch, clarity and directness.
As with all of their Traditional Series guitars, when it came time to add a 'T' designation to their slope-shoulder offerings, they didn't simply tweak the original; the Collings CJ-45 T is a fully re-imagined instrument that offers a distinct tonal variation when compared to their CJ and CJ-35 models.
Strongly vintage-inspired, the body construction has been completely re-engineered, including new bracing carves and patterns. When combined with Collings' latest T-Series neck design and new CJ-45 neck profile, the result showcases a tone that is exceptionally dry and fundamental with the growl and thump sought after in the great slope-shoulder dreads of the Wartime era.
- Rosewood Fingerboard - Hand-selected for tonal warmth and vintage vibe, every CJ-45 T features an Indian rosewood fingerboard with elegantly tapered mother-of-pearl long dot inlays.
- Rosette - Unique to the CJ-45 T are its fully exposed rosette and shortened, 19-fret fingerboard, an aesthetic which makes it instantly recognisable amongst the Collings lineup.
- Playability - A combination of exacting PLEK machine levelling and hand fret dressing ensures consistently excellent playability and a silky fret feel.
- Collings Workmanship - Meticulous workmanship and attention to detail have been core tenets of Collings instruments since their earliest days. They're proud to not only have maintained this focus on quality over the years, but continue to improve upon it with each instrument they produce.
- Bracing - Behind the scenes but foundational to an acoustic guitar's tone is its bracing. While the CJ-45 T shares the same body shape as Collings' other CJ models, its top and back Wartime X-bracing is entirely different in layout, profile, and carve, resulting in a dry and direct fundamental with quick decay that significantly expands the line's tonal range.
- Traditional Series Finish - As with every Collings Traditional instrument, the all-nitrocellulose finish on the CJ-45 T is ultra-thin, providing an unmatched response and resonance when paired with its lightweight T-Series build and materials.
- Flat Back Design - The CJ-45 T incorporates an exceptionally flat back design compared to other Collings flat tops, a feature which enhances the instrument's direct, forward tone, pronounced midrange, and strongly vintage-inspired voice.
- Neck Profile - With its full C-shape, the new neck profile on the CJ-45 T is substantial in terms of both feel and its contributions to tone and response while also benefiting from the adjustable flat bar design and construction techniques of Collings' most recent Traditional Series necks.