Here at Peach we always try to ensure our pricing information is up to date however from time to time prices may be subject to change. All available to order and pre-order items are also subject to lead times. For up to date pricing and ETA's regarding your order please contact us.
Strymon Lex | Rotary
Born To Revolve
When Strymon decided to create a studio-class pedal that faithfully recreates the classic, unmistakable sound of the most sought-after rotating speaker system, they prepared to study every nuance and finest detail. The Strymon sound design labs have been filled with those signature, swirling, three-dimensional sounds, as they painstakingly analysed and recreated the physics and mechanics behind these systems.
The complete rotary system.
Lex provides you with a complete, accurately reproduced rotary system: the low-frequency bass rotor, the rotating treble horn, the valve-driven amplifier, finely tuned microphone placement, and all the complex sonic interactions between these elements.
Utilising a ridiculously powerful SHARC DSP, every drop of processing power is harnessed to authentically represent these details.
You get eight parameters to tweak, allowing extensive control over the tonality and mechanics of the rotating speaker system. You can manipulate each element, from rotor speed, horn level, acceleration time, microphone distance, valve drive and saturation, and volume level.
Go from a maelstrom of dramatic, up-close, sweeping and swirling sounds, all the way to mellow, tranquil and calming undulations. All of this without a giant cabinet, microphone setup, and costly motor maintenance.
- Hand crafted rotary algorithms faithfully deliver the signature, three-dimensional rotating speaker experience
- Extensive control over rotating speaker mechanics and configuration
- Four rotary adjustment and tone shaping knobs:
Fast Rotor Speed, Preamp Drive, Mic Distance, Horn Level.
- Four 'hidden' knobs for extensive tone tweaking:
Slow Rotor Speed, Cab Direction, Acceleration Time, +/- 6dB Boost/Cut.
- Instantly alternate between a fast and slow rotor speed with the Fast/Slow footswitch
- Selectable Cab Filter allows for an optimal experience in front of guitar amplifiers and full range systems
- Stereo output
- High impedance mono input (internal jumper enables selectable TRS stereo input)
- Expression pedal input with selectable control over any knob parameter
- Connect Strymon's optional Favourite switch to save a favourite preset or use as an external speed switch
- Fast/Slow and Bypass footswitches
- Press and hold Fast/Slow footswitch for Rotary Brake
- Selectable Bi-Amp mode splits bass rotor and treble horn signals to separate outputs
- Ultra low noise, high performance 24-bit 96kHz A/D and D/A converters
- 110dB typical signal to noise
- Premium analog front end and output section
- Super high performance DSP in a compact form factor
- 32-bit floating point processing
- True Bypass (electromechanical relay switching)
- Powered with a standard 9V centre negative DC supply. 250mA minimum
- Strong and lightweight mahogany anodized aluminium chassis
- Crafted with love in the USA
- Effect Type: Rotary Simulator
- Analogue/Digital: Digital
- Instrument Type: Electric Guitar