Here at Peach we always try to ensure our pricing information is up to date however from time to time prices may be subject to change. All available to order and pre-order items are also subject to lead times. For up to date pricing and ETA's regarding your order please contact us.
Strymon Compadre | Dual Voice Compressor & Boost
Your Dream Tone Starts Here
Start your signal chain with the best possible version of your guitar tone. Treat your guitar signal to true studio quality analog compression with two distinct voices for smooth transparency or vintage squeeze. Hit the Boost switch to add clean boost or soft-clipped dirty boost, with the EQ curve of your choice. Mix in some dry signal for natural attack even with extreme compression settings. Feel the perfectly tailored dynamic response, feeding your amp and effects just what they need to sound their best.
Your Everything Upgrade.
From pickups, tubes, capacitors, to speaker cabinets - the aspects of a rig that can be upgraded or changed are nearly endless. Plug in Compadre and you may find you already have everything you need for the tone you've been seeking.
Bring out your amp's character in ways you never thought possible. Compadre's Class A JFET input circuit, studio quality analog compression, and musically voiced analog boost circuits all work together to make your amp sound like it was just modified by a world-class boutique amp designer.
Compadre gives you everything you need to shape your front end tone, and nothing to slow you down. Auto makeup gain and auto threshold mean that all you have to do is turn up the Compression knob to dial in the desired amount. Compadre's wide variety of tone shaping features are all designed to easily sound great across a wide variety of settings.
Choose between two compression circuits, each with its own unique character. Studio mode gives you the smooth, beautifully transparent compression typically found in the best vintage studio rack units. For a harder compression effect typical of classic guitar pedals, Compadre's Squeeze mode is designed to deliver heavy compression with maximum sustain.
Compadre gives you two distinct analog boost circuits: a clean boost, and a dirty boost that introduces soft clipping, characteristic of an overdrive pedal. The selectable boost EQ ensures the perfect compliment to any guitar and amp combination. Add sparkle and shine with a treble boost, fatten your tone with the midrange boost, or level up the full frequency range with flat mode.
Connect an expression pedal to add premium VCA-based volume control. Add an optional MiniSwitch or MultiSwitch Plus to store and recall your favourite settings. Integrate Compadre into a MIDI pedalboard using Strymon's MIDI EXP Cable and access up to 300 preset locations.
Vintage Inspiration, Modern Execution.
The Compadre design project started with a study of some of the finest analog compressors ever created, inspiring and guiding Strymon's circuit design process. Utilising a VCA in the compression circuits allowed them to carefully tune the exact response and dynamics they desired for each voicing.
For Studio mode, Strymon's goal was to achieve the musical and transparent sound found within their favourite studio rack units and the best vintage studio console bus compression. Careful tuning of their detection circuit granted them exacting control over decay, especially important for Squeeze mode. With ample sustain on tap, they paid special attention to creating a completely smooth decay, with no unwanted pumping artefacts.
Analog or Digital? Strymon chose both.
From the Class A JFET input circuit, to the VCA-based compression, to the Clean Boost and the diode soft clipping Dirty Boost, every aspect of Compadre's audio signal processing is fully analog, with premium quality components, design, and workmanship throughout. The audio signal is never converted to or from digital.
In Compadre, the digital aspect comes in the form of digital control and programmability. By converting digital control messages to analog control voltages, Strymon can offer full MIDI control and recallable presets while preserving a completely analog signal path from end to end.
- Premium analog VCA (Voltage Controlled Amplifier) compressor circuits
- Two voicing options: smooth studio compression and hard pedal style compression
- Independently controlled clean or dirty boost circuit with 3 EQ options
- Dirty boost option provides overdrive when boost is engaged
- DRY Knob lets you blend the dry signal with the compressed signal to preserve attack transients
- High impedance ultra low-noise discrete Class A JFET preamp input
- Low impedance mono output
- Output VCA allows Compadre to function as a volume pedal when a standard TRS expression pedal plugged into the dedicated Volume jack
- Compatible with MiniSwitch for remote selection of a Favourite preset
- Compatible with MultiSwitch Plus for remote selection of 3 presets
- Full featured MIDI control. Access to 300 presets and remote parameter control via quarter-inch TRS. (requires Strymon MIDI EXP Cable or MIDI > TRS interface)
- Selectable True Bypass (electromechanical relay switching) or ultra low-noise Buffered Bypass
- Strong and lightweight anodized dark red aluminium chassis
- 9V DC power supply included. Power requirements: maximum 9 volts DC centre-negative, with a minimum of 150mA of current
- Compressor Signal/Noise: 109 dB typical
- Dimensions: 4.5" deep x 4" wide x 1.75" tall (11.4 cm deep x 10.2 cm wide x 4.4 cm tall)
- Designed and built in the USA