Gibson's "L" series acoustic guitars were present at the birth of blues-played by the great blues originator Robert Johnson, among others. The Keb' Mo' Royale, which adds a host of upgraded appointments to create an acoustic of optimum tone and performance. With a scalloped-X-braced top of solid Thermally Aged Adirondack red spruce, solid mahogany back and sides, mahogany neck, 1.805'' bone nut and saddle, and rosewood fingerboard and bridge, the Limited Edition Keb' Mo' Royale includes gold MOP on the headstock, bridge, and soundhole inlay.
Strictly limited edition model - I don't expect us to see more than a couple of these.
Another great small bodied guitar form the fine folks at Gibson Montana. Loaded with a LR Baggs VTC pickup, see full specs below.
View Full Specs
- Model: Limited Edition Keb' Mo' Royale
- Type: L-Series Small Body
- Finish Color: Vintage Sunburst
- Top Wood: Thermally Aged Adirondack Red Spruce
- Bracing: Traditional scalloped x-bracing
- Back & Sides Wood: Mahogany
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Neck Joint: Compound dovetail secured with hide glue at the 12th fret
- Neck Shape: Custom Keb' Mo' Neck Profile
- Neck Dimensions: .880 1st - .950 7th
- Fretboard Material: East Indian Rosewod
- Fingerboard Inlays: Mother-of-Pearl Dot
- Scale Length: 25"
- Width at Nut: 1.805"
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Advanced Jumbo Style w/Taper
- Binding: Herringbone top and single-ply back with, multi-ply double-ring with gold MOP rosette
- Electronics: LR Baggs VTC
- Tuners: Gold open back
- Bridge: Belly down, rosewood with gold Mother-of-pearl crown inlay
- Saddle: Bone
- Case: Black Hardshell Case