Gibson are the kings when it comes to hollowbody guitars, since launching the ES-335 back in the '50's Gibson have been refining and improving hollowbody design.
The Gibson Custom 1963 ES-335 VOS is a modern day take on a vintage masterpiece. With timeless Gibson styling and authentic vintage appointments, it's a real statement piece.
A 3-Ply Maple/Poplar/Maple body is finished in Historic Burst and offers incredible sustain, with quartered Adirondack Spruce braces it is one step closer to true vintage tonality. The Mahogany neck features a Rosewood fingerboard, 1963 historic profile, 12" radius and classic vintage Gibson mother of pearl block inlays.
A pair of Gibson MHS humbuckers delivers authentic Gibson PAF tones, slightly underwound and with unbalanced coils, the Memphis Historic Spec humbuckers offer great tonal variety.
Comes with hard case and certificate.View Full Specs
The 2016 version of this guitar has some super specs, which include:
- Matched potentiometer sets for the perfect amount of volume and top end roll-off
- Historic Truss-rod for improved adjustability and resilience
- Rolled neck binding for that beautiful vintage feel
- Hot Hide Glued neck joints
- All bracing now quartersawn Adirondack spruce secured with hot hide glue
- Lightweight centerblocks