The Gibson True Historic line is the pinnacle of vintage reissues. Focussing on delivering the most detailed and historically accurate reissue possible, Gibson utilise world renowned craftsmanship and the finest materials to ensure the end result is as close to a vintage Gibson as possible.
Considered by many to be the Holy Grail of Les Pauls, the '59 was adopted by many of the world's finest players including Eric Clapton, Mike Bloomfield and Duane Allman.
Embracing the spirit of the '59 Les Paul Standard, the True Historic '59 features a double-carved and hand-sanded Figured Maple top. Atop a crisp Mahogany body, it is rich, resonant and authentically vintage. This time tested tonewood combo has been around since the very start and with results like this it is easy to see why. For the first time in years Gibson have used real hide glue to attach the top, a big plus for tone purists as hide glue is known to improve the resonance and sustain of the guitar. Finished in a period correct Vintage Lemon Burst thin layer lacquer it's as if this guitar walked straight out of the '50s.
A new feature for the True Historic range is the development of True Historic Plastics. Through 'Molecular level analysis' Gibson have redeveloped all plastic components with new shapes and compounds to match the original plastics much more closely. It's a small improvement but further enhances Gibson's desire to produce the most accurate reissue possible.
Much like the body, the neck is double carved and hand-sanded. In the traditional Mahogany with Indian Rosewood fingerboard combination, it boasts a thicker neck profile for a super authentic and comfortable performance.
A pair of PAF styled Custom Bucker pickups provide the rich, deep tones we all know and love. Re-created to the same specs and measurements of the original PAF pickups you really can't get any closer to the real thing!View Full Specs
- True Historic Plastics: Molecular level analysis delivers authentic vintage design
- True Historic Pickup Covers: Designed and engineered based on the originals
- Double-Carved Top: Authentic vintage dish profile
- Double-Carved Neck: Hand sanded for ideal playability and accurate profile
- "Broken" Peghead Edges, Smoother Edges: Vintage Looks and Feel
- Thinner Peghead Veneer: A testament to obsession with detail
- Thinner True Historic Wet-Sanded Finish: More work, more authentic
- Hide Glue Top Construction: A real vintage spec on the most "original" Reissue yet
- Rolled Fingerboard Binding: It's all about feel and playability