Hand made in deepest darkest Kent!
The D28 was the first guitar Alister Atkin made back in 1995, and his fascination with this model has never stopped. In some ways it's the ultimate test for a Steel String maker. Atkin Dreadnoughts have been used by some top players and even bought by one of the biggest American makers.
This guitar is our take on the classic pre-war model. Great dynamics, a full bodied power house.
- Sitka Top
- indian Rosewood back and sides
- Mahogany Neck
- Ebony fretboard
- Ebony bridge
- Ivoroid Binding
- Grover tuners
- 43mm Nut width
- Side dot fingerboard marker
- MOP Snow flake fingerboard markers
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Pre-war scalloped bracing
- Mother of pearl Atkin logo
- Bone drop-in saddle
- Bone Nut
- Tortoise Shell Pickgaurd
- Adjustable double action truss rod
- Hiscox Case